Number of IAs (total, un-selected too) to be performed

Guest kenshi64

Guest kenshi64

Well we perform an number of PSOWs or IAs or whatever you want to call them in our IB years, and the teacher sends the best 2 for each criteria like CE,DC and design. So I was told by my teacher that I had to have a total of 20 :swear: IA!! that too only for Physics!! and out of those 20 they're going to choose six...(is that efficient economic students ? :/) IS this true or not, to my knowledge 12-14 is good, am I right?

PSOW is no an IA, it's a form that gets sent to IB that determines your practical grade for your group4 subject.

the PSOW breaks down into 48 points:

2 D/DCP/CE - 18*2=36 points

group6 project=6 points

Manipulation Skills=6 points.

In all you send in 2 full IAs but it does not all have to be one.

You can also use any design, any DCP, or any CE which is why your teacher said you have like 20 and then your top 2 will be chosen for your PSOW.

You don't send them all in XD

Guest kenshi64

PSOW is no an IA, it's a form that gets sent to IB that determines your practical grade for your group4 subject.

the PSOW breaks down into 48 points:

2 D/DCP/CE - 18*2=36 points

group6 project=6 points

Manipulation Skills=6 points.

In all you send in 2 full IAs but it does not all have to be one.

You can also use any design, any DCP, or any CE which is why your teacher said you have like 20 and then your top 2 will be chosen for your PSOW.

You don't send them all in XD

Hey You're saying 2 since we're only talking about physics right, per science its 2 hence. Right?

Secondly can remind me what group 6 and Manipulation skills are? Thanks drake.

For moderation, only the best two IAs for each criteria are needed. So if you have two IAs that assess all three criteria (for us, most IAs assessed only two e.g DCP & CE) and you do them perfectly, then that's all you ever need to do.

However, IB requires you to do something like 40hrs in the Lab, and since our experiments always had 2hrs and our teacher requested IAs for all, that translated to approx. 20 IAs required by our teacher, not IB.

I know nothing about Group 4 Project assessment. I just did what we were asked as to do, lol.

For moderation, only the best two IAs for each criteria are needed. So if you have two IAs that assess all three criteria (for us, most IAs assessed only two e.g DCP & CE) and you do them perfectly, then that's all you ever need to do.

However, IB requires you to do something like 40hrs in the Lab, and since our experiments always had 2hrs and our teacher requested IAs for all, that translated to approx. 20 IAs required by our teacher, not IB.

I know nothing about Group 4 Project assessment. I just did what we were asked as to do, lol.

SL 40 hours

HL 60 hours.

Group4 is weird, it's only worth 6 points too. It goes towards your manipulation skills as well. Our school basically said that if you did it, put work into it, came to some kind of conclusion and didn't do dangerous stuff...you got your points XD

well it's all up to your teacher. in IB1, my chemistry class did an IA every week. not sure yet how it will be like in IB2, but I bet we will be doing at least 2 IAs per month.

in physics we only did like 5 or 6 IAs maybe, last year. now in IB2 we will be doing an IA every week.

in the whole IB program I bet I would have done more than 70 IAs (or maybe 100) for both physics and chem but that's a good thing because the more practice you do, the better IA you could write. proven as the physics students who do chemistry too write better IAs than physics students who don't (solely because we did an IA every week lol).