Google+ vs Facebook

TiluIB

Google+ plus gained 10 million users in 3 weeks! That's lot though.

At the time Google+ looks to be a serious contender to Facebook.

This is what google says if you want to make a G+ profile:"Right now, we're testing with a small number of people, but it won't be long before the Google+ project is ready for everyone. Leave us your email address and we'll make sure you're the first to know when we're ready to invite more people.". Is 10 m really so small number and only in three weeks?! Psychological thing I guess ;):google:

Google+ plus gained 10 million users in 3 weeks! That's lot though.

At the time Google+ looks to be a serious contender to Facebook.

This is what google says if you want to make a G+ profile:"Right now, we're testing with a small number of people, but it won't be long before the Google+ project is ready for everyone. Leave us your email address and we'll make sure you're the first to know when we're ready to invite more people.". Is 10 m really so small number and only in three weeks?! Psychological thing I guess ;):google:

Sorry! My information wasn't on time.

Read - ;D

I think the huge numbers signing up for Google+ is simply people out of curiosity. Its all well having people sign up, but in the end people are going to chose one way or another and I think a lot of people might just stick with facebook because its just easier to not change if not everyone else is.

• Like 1

I hate Google+ <_< when registering I put my real birth year and at that time I didn't realise that only 18+ y.o. are allowed :( now that I want to re-register, I can't because they remember it. dammit!!

I agree with kiwi, I think people join in just because they want to see what Google+ is like and how it is compared to other social networks.

I guess Google+ would be the 3rd most famous social network after Facebook and Twitter. somehow, many people do use both FB&Twitter at the same rate (including me :D), although FB is still number one. so I see the possibility of people using FB&Twitter&Google+ all at the same rate. all three would be in a quite tough competition, though I'd say Google+ wouldn't be able to beat FB the way FB beated Myspace&Friendster.

It's still a work in progress, not open to the public. Maybe after it is, under 18 year olds will be allowed? I was allowed in even though I'm only 16. I'm not sure why although I can think of a couple reasons: My gmail account is really old so I don't remember what the birth year I set for it is. Or, it could be cause my friend who invited me (also under 18) got a direct invitation from Google.

It's still a work in progress, not open to the public. Maybe after it is, under 18 year olds will be allowed? I was allowed in even though I'm only 16. I'm not sure why although I can think of a couple reasons: My gmail account is really old so I don't remember what the birth year I set for it is. Or, it could be cause my friend who invited me (also under 18) got a direct invitation from Google.

Hmm I forgot when I made my google mail account but if it's like yahoo you have to be 18 or you have to have consent from a parents e-mail or something like that so chances are you registered as 18+ already :P

I like that circle idea because the thought behind it is so true on so many levels lol

Some friends you have on facebook you don't talk to, or just there to contact the party goers or something like that. Everyone has their friend "groups" and not all the groups get along with each other but get along with you so now you can keep em apart I guess. Just seems like a good idea to me XD

Edited by Drake Glau

Hmm I forgot when I made my google mail account but if it's like yahoo you have to be 18 or you have to have consent from a parents e-mail or something like that so chances are you registered as 18+ already :P

I like that circle idea because the thought behind it is so true on so many levels lol

Some friends you have on facebook you don't talk to, or just there to contact the party goers or something like that. Everyone has their friend "groups" and not all the groups get along with each other but get along with you so now you can keep em apart I guess. Just seems like a good idea to me XD

hmmm, my google account is not older than 1 year I don't think, and if I remember right I put my real birth year there so..... :(

anyway,

I'm not really familiar with the features, but I roughly know how the circles work. but, can we put one friend in more than one circles?

hmmm, my google account is not older than 1 year I don't think, and if I remember right I put my real birth year there so..... :(

anyway,

I'm not really familiar with the features, but I roughly know how the circles work. but, can we put one friend in more than one circles?

I haven't the slightest idea =/ The tour example allowed you to put one person in one circle only but I feel like it would be changed quickly because friends fit in more than one place...

Everytime I moved one out and into another circle it would always keep it singular too, no copying or anything of that sort.

I think most people are happy with Facebook :blink: Seems like they're inventing a gap to fill. Google have done their own version of all sorts of things, some of which have worked and some of which haven't. Gmail worked, Gtalk didn't (despite being a very excellent messenger). Gtalk didn't work because everybody already had MSN or AIM so whilst some people got it, you're going to use the messenger with the most contacts using it.

Unlike Myspace which had an awful layout, pop-ups and adverts, I don't think Facebook has any major features which are negatives or totally rubbish. So in conclusion I don't know, but until everybody on my contacts list goes over to Google+, I don't see where it would have a bigger draw than FB except for novelty and people wanting to see what it's like.