what counts as CAS?

Hey there, hope you'll be able to help me clear my mind.

I am new to IB and not quite sure what can be considered CAS, of the activities I have been doing lately.

So what if I list them up and someone more expert helps me, before I write all reports and then can not submit them?

- organization of aglobal concern conference on the theme of migration (could count as C, A or S)

- three-days course of wilderness first aid and orientation (Activity)

- volounteer working for found-raising organization (cafés, cleaning, farm work) (could count as C, A or S)

- writing in the school newspaper on a monthly base (Creativity)

- first aid course on weekly base

also, I have two new projects coming up

- organization of a conference and debate on the theme of world peace and its achievement

- organization of a basic first aid course in a school with my first aid team

Thank you for your time :)

- organization of aglobal concern conference on the theme of migration (could count as C, A or S) - the organisation aspect makes it C, depending on your role in the conference as an organiser it can be Service as well. I don't know so much about Action, although when I organised an MUN conference in my school, the Logistics staff were allowed Action hours because of all the running around they did.

- three-days course of wilderness first aid and orientation (Activity) - yeah I guess that would be Action.

- volounteer working for found-raising organization (cafés, cleaning, farm work) (could count as C, A or S) - the volunteer work would be Service, depending on the work you're doing and the amount of running around and activity involved you could get Action hours. If you organise the volunteer work and mobilise everyone and what-not, then you can get Creativity hours.

- writing in the school newspaper on a monthly base (Creativity) - yeah, C right there.

- first aid course on weekly base - I think that would be Action if you're still going out a lot and doing active stuff.

- organization of a conference and debate on the theme of world peace and its achievement - Creativity.

- organization of a basic first aid course in a school with my first aid team - Creativity for the organisation part, but you can get Service as well.

• 1 month later...

I am new in IB too. Can someone here tell me whether medical attachment can be counted in fulfilling the CAS hours? I am so confused as a friend of mine told me that it's not a CAS activity, but my brother who already finished IB told me that his CAS included the medical attachment. :console: