French HL Oral Presentation

Hello,

I've just finished my first year or IB and I'm going into my second year this september (2011). My french homework is to decide a topic for our final oral. As a mock presentation, I did it on the ban of the hijab in France, as I'm currently studying in Dubai and so it was relevant. However I need to do something that I can research into and know really well. Has anyone got any ideas about what I could do my presentation on? It needs to relate to France and I think be as simple as possible, one example I came up with was 'Is it good that the youth in France has a lot of freedom compared to Dubai' but my teacher said this was too vague as I can not research it. Thank you for any help! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would try to narrow "french culture" down first. Think about what you enjoy doing in your free time, your likes, dislikes etc. For example, my friend really enjoys art so she chose to talk about a french artist. Try to choose something you're passionate about, it makes it much easier to talk about and you can give it a nice personal touch too. Good luck :)

You could base your presentation on current news? Such as political events (DSK), or as ShootingStars said, the French culture is pretty broad.

How about French movies? Compared to Hollywood ones?

Well, it's pretty much up to you, I'm just throwing up ideas that came in my mind ;)

Bonne chance !