Predicted Grades

Diogo Martins

Hi, I am in the second year of IB, and I will have to do my application until january 2012.. But I have a problem. I want to apply to Oxford University which the predicted grade is 38/39 points to enter in Medicine. But my predicted it is less than this values. They won't give me a conditional?? Or they will wait for the final grades? What is the base for their decision (recomendation letter??)?

I have this doubt since a colleague of mine had 33 points in the predicted grades, and the minimum entry requirementes were 38 points. And yet, they give him a conditional, if he gets the 38 points the university would accept him.

Thanks,

I have this doubt since a colleague of mine had 33 points in the predicted grades, and the minimum entry requirementes were 38 points. And yet, they give him a conditional, if he gets the 38 points the university would accept him.

Which university exactly, did your friend get into Oxford with a predicted 33? If yes, then which course? Personally if you don't have the predicted grades then your chances of getting accepted to Oxford are slim to none. Generally your Personal Statement and recommendation letter and extra curricular activities are only taken into account when oxford is comparing you to other students who also have the same amazing grades as you, and they're trying to decide who is better. If you don't meet the base requirement of 38 points, then you clearly don't have the academic drive or focus that is necessary to survive at Oxford. What is your predicted score anyway? I imagine if you had a 37 or something close you still had some chance.

I am in the second year of IB, and I will have to do my application until january 2012..

If you're in your second year of IB, then I imagine you will be sending in your applications this year. You should know that both Oxford and Cambridge expect students to send in their applications by late September, early October. That is their personal deadline, and if you miss it, you won't get in.

Edited by Arrowhead
  • Like 2