Volunteering for a publishing house?

Heya

Not sure where to put this, but there's a small publishing company which aims to publish unsolicited manuscripts. Unfortunately, due to personal problems, they are unable to do so and will soon be looking for volunteers. Their problem is that they're not sure where to find the volunteers. I suggested that some of you guys might be interested because it counts a lot towards Service (volunteering), Action (most likely reading manuscripts, poetry, etc) and IB students would be most reliable because, let's face it, all IBers need as many hours as possible.

In terms of evidence, you could use stuff like e-mails or the company will send you a letter thanking you for your services.

Would anybody be interested in this? If so, I'll let them know and I'll update when they've started looking.

HGB.

UPDATE: I have received the following correspondence from the wner of Bitten Fruit Books (the publishing house):

"Thanks for the info Anna. I'll get back to you as soon as we've sorted how best to proceed with the anthologies - it would be for proofreading above anything else, and maybe some editing. It may not add up to a huge amount of hours just yet - hopefully that's not a problem. Thanks again, really appreciate it. Dianna."
Edited by HGBellamy

can you give further information? like where it is located and what we will be asked to do. also, will they be willing to sign off our CAS forms and mail them to our places? thanks.

http://www.bittenfruitbooks.com/index.html

This is their website, and they're based in the UK. I'm not completely sure if you'll have to go there or if it can be done through e-mail, but I'm sure it will be the latter. Go to 'contact' and e-mail 'general enquiries' explaining that you would be willing to volunteer.

I think they would be willing to, yes. As I said, you're likely to be reading a lot, if not it may be admin stuff.

• Like 1

Oh okay. The thing is, my English B teacher wants us to read books and write reviews just for the sake of enriching our vocabularies. If we can also get CAS hours besides learning new words, maybe I'll suggest it to our teacher and see what he says. If my class is interested, I'll let you know. Thank you for sharing the info!

Oh okay. The thing is, my English B teacher wants us to read books and write reviews just for the sake of enriching our vocabularies. If we can also get CAS hours besides learning new words, maybe I'll suggest it to our teacher and see what he says. If my class is interested, I'll let you know. Thank you for sharing the info!

No problem :) That sounds like a strange thing to do...