Chemistry HL Paper 3 TZ1

darthtire

.... waiting for 24 hours...

How did you guys find it?

It wasn't too bad for me during the exam, however after, I realized a ton of mistakes I made... it was however much simpler than past papers, especially the Environmental Chemistry Portion

Which options did you guys do?

I did Environmental Chemistry and Further Organic

Further Organic was pretty good, whereas Environmental Chemistry.. was meh, as I wasn't comfortable with CEC's

For the Aerobic Decomposition questions.. would NO2 be a product of aerobic decomomposition of N or does it have to be NO3-

sigh... hopefully I got a 7 :S

Guest Red XII

I did Human Biochemistry and Environmental Chem. I found biochemistry to be pretty straightforward, and I'm pretty sure I got most of that correct. Enviro was alright, but there was definitely a lot of stuff I wasn't sure about. I messed up the anaerobic/aerobic decomposition table and I probably didn't do all that well with CECs - that was one of the topics I never learned very well.

• Like 1

Guest Red XII

For biochem, what'd you do the reduction and oxidation for aerobic respiration?

I don't remember the exact equations I did, but I oxidized glucose and reduced oxygen, and I got the equations to balance and make sense, so I'm pretty sure I did it right.

I got the anaerobic in yeast question wrong - I knew it made ethanol but I forgot that the other product was carbon dioxide (I guessed methane, as stupid as that seems in hindsight, since I should've realized that didn't balance...), and since it was a 1 mark question we probably needed both to get the point.

Gah. I really had no idea on what was reduced and oxidized. I said pyruvate was oxidized since it's the molecule that actually enters the kreb's cycle and that NAD was reduced to NADH. This is where bio and chem are mixing and I don't know if the chem examiners will agree with a slightly bio related answer =/

Guest Red XII

Gah. I really had no idea on what was reduced and oxidized. I said pyruvate was oxidized since it's the molecule that actually enters the kreb's cycle and that NAD was reduced to NADH. This is where bio and chem are mixing and I don't know if the chem examiners will agree with a slightly bio related answer =/

I don't remember anything about the Kreb's cycle on the syllabus, but they might give it to you anyway if it's technically correct.