Significance of Theorists

Hey guys I just wanted to know how much in detail do we need to know the business theorists and their theories? (Mintzberg, Fayol, Handy, etc.)

There just seems to be so many to know comprehensively. Would i need to know them all very well in order to get a 7 in HL?

Also, in trying to study for some internal exams, I found that Business has so much content it's actually difficult to study for within a couple days. So is the only way to study for business just to being weeks in advance before the exam? And if so, does anyone have any tips to remember all the content?

Thanks!

When I did Business, I just understood everything and that helped recall something in the exam. Yes, Business has a lot of information and content in the syllabus, however it's all fairly related and if you do have a business mindset then it's not that difficult to remember it all. I certainly didn't find it difficult. If you do have problems remembering all the material or have problems applying it towards questions, I'd go through it all a few weeks before. Never leave anything for the night before unless you're very sure of the material.

As far as theorists go, you need to be aware of them and have some basic knowledge of each of their theories. Just enough to be able to talk about them should the question ask you to. Once again, understanding is key here. Just memorizing them won't get you anywhere. You'll have to apply your knowledge, give examples and rattle on at times in order to get the 7.