help with my internal assessment sl, please?

This is such a common excuse. Not all teachers are bad. Even if they are, there's so many ways to work around a bad teacher.

Pick up a copy of the syllabus, read through the Internal Assessment guidelines and then come back to ask questions if you're confused. There are literally thousands of topics that you can choose from within your own community.

im not saying she is bad, she just lets the class push her around so we end up doing nothing :S and she is new, because our last year teacher left and we didnt even know. Im just confused because she said that we needed news about it but i cant seem to find any, and she didnt say if we could use news in spanish (i live in Peru so news about local businesses are in spanish) since im doing my internal in english

if i do it about starbucks (its the onlything i have in mind) would it be like a very common choice? is that bad? and im wondering i mean i was going to do it about motivation theories or environmental ethics but starbucks its good at both of those aspects, so there isnt a problem there? can i still use that as my topic? cause my teacher said that i needed to find a problem in a company and research and analyze how it could be solved

about motivation theories and if starbucks should pay sick days to workers to improve the working conditions and motivation in their workforce? i have like 2 articles.

or about that rally in harvard, where they claim that starbucks has really poor working conditions, and is one of the least friendly companies in the US?

im not sure because they just told us we had to find a company and one of their problems and use what we had learned to try and solve it (i didnt understand much), help please

Edited by globopoplollipop

Do you 'know' people at starbucks?

Because your internal assessment will need some interviews and first-hand information in order to get you to the higher mark-band.

My teacher always says though that Business IAs done in HR are not very high scoring. The ones done in finance usually score very high.

So just recheck with your supervisor :)

oh she didnt say that (since im doing sl) she only said that i needed secondary research, like any type of secondary research, which is easier because i dont think starbucks is going to disclose any bad information about themselves, so im using financial reports to explain how the wages have decrease drom 2008-2010 while the profit has increased (so workers have lower salaries)

Edited by globopoplollipop

For the IA, you don't need an interview, but you need primary evidence to support your facts so I used a stakeholder annual report in my IA and it worked fine. As for the topic, I would suggest doing an acquisition as it is the easiest to do because you would could easily use the PEST/SWOT analysis and if you have the information, finance as well.

For your topic, I don't think it is suitable for SL because in SL, your supposed to write a commentary on a business decision and that is not a business decision.

Hope this helps