custardapple101

1) I was wondering my schedule is manageable for IB next year:

HL Math

HL English

HL History

SL Bio

SL SPanish

SL Chem

Is it good? Is it bad? Is it too much work? Is it manageable?

2) Also I was thinking of taking three AP classes during the summer. If you could please give me advice of this, it would be nice.

o I wanted some advice of what you guys think of my course selection. THESE ARE ONLY FOR THE SUMMER. Im taking them online on FLVS.

AP Calculus BC

AP Microeconomics

AP Computer science

If I take these three classes, then I have to complete them in the summer so June 10 to August 22 or somewhere there.

Is it possible to do that? I might also do SAT study during the summer.

I am also a uprising Junior.

Thanks

Your IB schedule looks fine. Not sure what it is you want to do but I'm guessing it's something math and science related...

Do you plan on taking AP Calc between junior and senior year? As in you will have had a year of HL math already? Because if so you should fly through it, if not it will be hard but if you're able to do HL math I think you can handle calculus just fine.

I don't know about the other two AP courses. However 3 AP courses in a matter of 3 months it pretty intense and you will likely have summer homework from IB on top of that (at least we did XD) as well as the extended essay.

You'll have room in your schedule to take 1-2 AP courses with IB also. However that's filling your ONE...maybe two if you plan well...block with just another course and you'll want free time eventually and it won't be there =/ So this is up to you. I'd advise splitting up those AP courses though. AP Calc will be the hardest of the three and it might be helpful to do one summer for that and the next summer for the other two.

I believe that your IB choices are fine. What are you planning to major in? However, I think that doing 3 AP courses during summer is a waste of your time. C´mon it´s summer! try to enjoy it without studying as in IB2 you will study everyday. Plus, you´ll probably get english summer readings, or you´ll have to complete certain internal assessments for IB. I think that you have think the loads of work you´ll get with IB + 3 AP´s. (I know there are in summer, but the exams are in may so you´ll have to study within IB1).

If you want to go for a more demanding subject combination, you can do 4 HL´s (say: english, math, hitory + chemistry/biology) which unis really appreciate.But, really, I´m not sure about the APs man, maybe try to take 1 AP during junior year, and not during summer. I hope I helped! :)

What about AP micro & AP Computer science only?

I was thinking upon taking AP Calc BC so it will be a help in HL Math in Junior year.

Do you guys know how much time I would have to devote to these three summer classes?

I have a question regarding if I take SL Bio & SL Chem, would it be hard? Should I go with SL Bio & Psych in Junior year and then in senior year SL Chem & AP Physics.