How to write an EE outline?

anne.antoinette

My school has strictly set up deadlines & requires us to write a 'detailed extended essay outline'. Ive viewed a couple of EE, read about what should be put into the introduction/main body etc.

Im doing my EE in history. Im really bad at making plans or outlines. Are there example outlines I can view? Im wondering how to make it detailed but not an essay? What points to explain now and what just to mention? And just any general tips would be great :)

I dont do history, but i had to do an outline in my english EE aswell.

Well in theh outline you practically just need to strucuture out what you will be doing. for example for each aspect add 2-3 sentences as a plan:

introduction

-thesis

-context of RQ

body P1

-topic sentence

-evidence you may/will use

body p2

-topic sentence

body p3

-topic sentence

and it goes on. My outline helped me a lot and gave me structure for my EE. so you dont need to write pages just make sure your supervisior is clear what you will write about in each paragraph and what evidence and references you will use:)

• Like 1

I've attached my detailed outline. :) Mine was a psych paper and my essay's first draft was ultimately 5,200 words so this outline might be a little too extensive but it might be a good example of what a detailed outline might look like. Word's outline setting is really useful and I would take advantage of it. I would recommend sectioning your essay into parts and in your outline establish your topics for each section and bullet points accordingly. Considering your paper will be a history one, I would bullet people, dates/events and main points, if not more. Hope this helps!

Outline Rough2.docx

• Like 1