Can anyone please please give me any idea on how processing a lab on "EFFICIENCY" ?

LaLaPalooza

You are to take a simple machine like a pulley or incline or some sort of moving toy and determine the efficiency of the machine as you vary some factor.

This is a formal IB and will be marked according to the IB criteria.

You must work alone on this lab to collect your data. Please do not forget the importance of collecting multiple sets of data, plotting some type of linear graph, and including error sources in your conclusion.

can anyone please tell me how should i do my lab since I have no idea on how should i process my lab and what to do....

feel so ashamed :bawling:

thank you so much!

Edited by LaLaPalooza

Processing efficiency is your input/output. For a pulley it would be the amount of force pulling on the string and the amount of force it is producing when lifting the object.

maybe I didn't make my question clear.. :/

what i wanna know is what kinda of materials should i test on and what's the kind of data should i record :sadnod:

and should i just tie it on the pulley?? D:

You could use the same pulley with different masses at the end. You should roughly the same efficiency for every calculation but you can deduce the efficiency of the pulley and create a research question more or less.

so do I record the time? what else? the height of the pulley and the length between the mass to the ground? :D

i think i'm kinda getting it! (Y)