HELP! Anyone with pets at university?

GwenXN

Do you have any family members that will be willing to take care of it until you come home for Winter/Spring/Summer break?

I have a small hamster that I can't take with me to University, but my parents are willing to take care of it when I'm not at home. :D

Also, some universities allow you to have fish, as long as your bowl/aquarium doesn't pass a size limit.

So those with fish may be in luck.

Hey, if you have an apartment or rent a house when attending university, you may have a better chance of keeping your pet, as long as they let you have pets there.

Edited by JoeGuff

Firstly, thanks so much for all your replies!

The problem with my bunny is that she doesn't accept food or water from anyone else except for me, even if she doesn't see who prepares it. I'm guessing there's some kind of smell that people leave behind that she recognizes as mine or as a stranger's.

Has anyone had experience with people who have snuck their pets into college campus with them? And do you know what happens if you get caught? College staff isn't allowed into the dorms, right?

Also, I'm going to go to college in Winchester. I'm considering talking to my boyfriend (who is also planning on moving there anyhow) about moving in. That way, I can keep my bunny at home.

Any ideas?

Gwen

All I would say is there we used to have room checks to make sure nobody was committing any of the ultimate sins (usually using a kettle in your room, which was against the rules for no reason I could ever fathom...) and they were at random. They'd tell us what weeks they would be during, but they have keys and just let themselves into your room for a snoop.

Having said that, I was boiling the kettle in my room once when they came in and somehow they overlooked it :blink: IMO it's not worth trying to smuggle things in, you'd be really screwed if you were kicked out of Uni accommodation. I bet your rabbit will eat food left by other people. Maybe you should give it another go. Animals when really hungry aren't choosy for very long, in my experience!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

eh-eh... have the same problem, but i have a dog. It's tiny and weights like two kilos, but he barks a lot, so there is no chance of sneaking him in... I asked my mom if I could leave him, but as I see when I come back my doggie will not be at home anymore :( So I guess will have to look for an apartment, although with a dorm its so much easier. Well, if you have a boyfriend who lives in an appartment you've got a good chance.

Good luck with your bunny! ;)

Edited by Sandwich
Please don't use chatspeak.