French B SL Written Exam

Hi! ^^

I was wondering if any of you know the components + criteria for the french B SL exam papers. My teacher has only prepared us for oral exams. I believe I am going to get a 4 for the written exams if I don't start studying it myself now =(

Also if I have to write an essay ..and let's say I don't know a few words from the essay question (/ I misinterpreted the question), would I still be able to gain some marks from what I have written?

Thank you in advance!! ^^

Hi :)

so for the written exam, there are two papers.. writing and reading.

In the reading exam, you have 4 texts and questions based on them. Basically, the exam tests your understanding of them.

The last text in the reading exam (so the fourth one) is one where you have to read it and write a paragraph (min: 100 words) about it depending on the question. you have 1 hr 30 minutes for the whole paper.

In the writing exam, you get a choice of 5 or 6 questions.. I think it's 5. And they are all in different styles, so a diary entry, newspaper article, formal letter, letter to a friend, speech, brochure, just to name a few.. So you should know how to write in a style of each of them because that is part of the criteria. Then you should know some vocab; it's hard to know what to focus on, so don't worry too much about it.. focus more on the styles of writing. This essay is 250 words (min.) and you have 1 hr 30 minutes for the paper.

if you misinterpret the question, you can still get marks for having the essay make grammatical sense, and for using the right format for the style. so for example, in the newspaper article, you would have a title, headings, subheadings, maybe draw a tiny picture with a caption? basically, write in a way of how an article should be like.

so don't worry, and good luck! :)