French SL topics?

Hey guys!

I've got my French oral coming up in two weeks -- I know, fail on my part preparing well, but I've had a concussion for a month and a half so.. -- and I still don't have a topic. My teacher wants us to find something that relates back to French culture, and something that has two sides to it so we can take an opinion and take a persuasion angle in the exam. I have no. Idea. What. To. Do. If worse comes to worse, I could do France obesity rates and the role of the traditional French diet in why their rates are so much lower than the US, but it's not something that seriously interests me. I'd love to do something with sports (soccer, ice hockey, basketball?), or something with motorcycles (I know France has a 100hp limit... I don't know how much else there is to ramble about on that subject though...), or something with the arts (music or visual art, preferably, but I can't think of a solid debate...), or something else with a solid debate that would interest me. I really want to stay away from the veil issue, but some other cultural controversy? Maybe one that's less known, or well known but a few years back so not many will have heard of it? I'd like to take a more original angle on this.. but clearly, my creativity isn't going so well for me at the moment.

Thanks for your help!

I'm thinking about doing the issue of same sex marriage in France.. would that be a solid topic?

Still open to everything and anything you guys might have in terms of other ideas.

• 3 years later...