Possibilities for CAS hours

Hi there guys, this is my first post, and from what I have seen, you guys are very helpful. I have some questions in relation to CAS hours. First, would I get credit for drawing up some art and then coloring it and such in Photoshop? Next, could I get hours from making music on a digital music program like Fruity Loops. Thanks for any input. :)

The opportunities are endless :) Take up any classes in your community and that will count towards CAS :)

ex/ Swimming --> preparing to become a lifeguard (of course, once you DO become one, you will not be able to count it anymore because you will be getting paid-- unless you decide to put it towards another CAS project, like to go around the world and help somewhere)

I find that Creativity is the easiest thing to do. If it is not volunteeer related, or action related, Creativity is where it goes.

Volunteer-- ask around, you will be surprised at how many places are looking for little helpers!!

ALSO!! Include a few long term activites, to ensure that you are doing soething every week :)

This is my first year, and I've already planned out my 150+ hours :) I have at least 1 outcome filled up :) ---> BUt I still have a LONG way to go :)

If your photoshop thing is perhaps a POSTER for something, some CAS event, then yes, I think that should work.

I don't understand your second question, sorry :S But whatever your concern is, just go and ask the teacher about it, they won't bite!!

You must be able to write a reflection about your activity, submit proof of it, and have a supervisor say "yes, you were there".

• Like 2

What egr12resa said :yes::agree:

For the photoshop thing I actually did a similar but bigger activity. I made a 2011 Calendar, sold it and use the profit for my 2 other CAS charity projects. So with photoshop I didn't just manipulate pictures. I made a calendar. In other words, I came up with a real result that benefits others (as all the profit was for charity)

Maybe you can design postcards or bookmarks or something and then you sell them and donate the profit. That can be a CAS project, I reckon.

For the making music thing, I don't quite like this idea since you are using technology (assuming you are using a software) and not playing a musical instrument yourself. Maybe you can create a video for the school prom or something.. That can be done for CAS :)

Hi there guys, this is my first post, and from what I have seen, you guys are very helpful. I have some questions in relation to CAS hours. First, would I get credit for drawing up some art and then coloring it and such in Photoshop? Next, could I get hours from making music on a digital music program like Fruity Loops. Thanks for any input. :)

Well, you won't get any credit as such because you need a supervisor.. you can't just do it on your own. At least, for the photoshop one. You should be able to get hours logged for doing the music stuff.

basically, for CAS, make sure whatever you do fulfills the CAS learning outcomes. as long as you achieve those in the activities you do, then it's fine, you can do whatever activity you want! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I did something very similar to you for my creativity hours! I used Photoshop to edit photographs I'd taken and create a photography blog (Flickr). You can do the same thing as it counts for creativity! You can upload your artwork then to a website such as Flickr or DeviantART (but Flickr's better :P) and then you can count all the hours you've spent getting the photos to the blog (and the writing on the blog!). Here's mine (http://www.flickr.com/photos/benmciver/)if you want any ideas and if you have any questions... send me a message!