In need of B&M IA assistance!

Hi I'm writing my B&M IA (It's a bit late to do that now but due to some special circumstances my class is behind) my question is "Would the business “Fornicate for Forest” benefit from changing their organizational structure from a partnership to a sole trader?"

The current situation within the business in short is the following: the relations within the business has decade due to uneven amount of work preformed (One person carry 65% of the business alone and there are 6 partners. The others are not motivated enough or dose not have the knowledge and experience to handle their assigned tasks), the work load is manageable for the moment but a increase in customers is expected so the current situation won't work in the future.

Can someone just point me in the right direction? :blink:

Hi,

First of all, your topic is really interesting.

I'd suggest that you figure out the advantages and disadvantages of a sole trader and check out the past PNL and balance sheets of the company.

Also, if you have conducted an interview with this person who manages nearly 65% of the work, you could deem the person worthy of handling the business by him/her self through your own observations.

You also have to check out the nature of the business. If it requires just a one man job kind of a thing, it could prove to be beneficial to shift to a sole trader kind of a structure.

Another thing you could do, if you have even a little time is see what motivates the other members of the partnership. Maybe you could use Maslow's hierarchy of needs or some other motivation theory to figure out if there is any way of meeting the motivational requirements of at least a few of these partners.

Hope I was able to help.

Best of luck.