Time Management

lbkaisas

I was wondering how you guys manage your time in IB, because I tend to slack when I'm not under pressure. Do you make a studying timetable and set aims for every single day?Or do you base your studies on how much homework you get?I'm thankful for any kinds of advice on the topic.

Well the best way to get things done for you is probably something only you can figure out by trial and error. So try a study timetable, try setting goals, see what works to get stuff done. For me personally, I do anything that I received that day for homework unless it's an assignment or there is an assignment due soon. Then in periods of less homework I try and get IA's, tok and extended essay out of the way. I don't really timetable it as much because there is always unexpected work that you will have to do so I just try and do it as it comes to me.

iStudiez Pro App!! for iPhone/iPad and for Mac starting next week

I bought this app for my iPod Touch last year to keep track of my courses and assignments. Much better than regular paper planner and well worth $2.99. It's sad that not all of my teacher allow to have an iPod out during class. The only reason I've forgotten about an assignment is because I forgot to add it in iStudiez Pro. I recommend this app to every one who has an iOS device and/or a Mac.

istudentpro.com

Edited by math2

Hm well if I know I've got a lot of work to do, I'll try to create motivation for myself. I'll tell myself to read a certain amount of chapters or finish a certain amount of questions and when I finish, I reward myself with a new episode of my favorite show, ice cream, etc. :D

And if I need to motivate myself to work on something that's not due until next Monday, I envision how free my Sunday will be in a week because I've already gotten ahead and done the work that wasn't due yet. A lovely Sunday with no homework to stress about is usually enough motivation for me.

• 4 weeks later...

after school, when I finally reach home I focus on what I have to do on the next day. then if there is still some time, I think about the next day and again the same process. it is like pattern. in this way I keep myself quite systematic with dealing with homework :)

I have a friend that every single days makes a plan of things to do to school. sometimes she fulfilles all, sometimes not but generally making such plan is also a kind of management of time :)