Starting IB soon

I will soon be starting IB and I was wondering what classes to take. My biggest question is what language to take. Basically thing is my story:

I was born in America, but my parents are from Ukraine so I know Ukrainian and Russian. At my school, I've been taking Spanish but this year I also got Russian. However, for IB I can't continue to take both Russian and Spanish. I need to pick one or the other. I either have to choice to go with Spanish IB or with Russian IB. What is the smarter choice? Taking Russian IB and having a higher chance of passing the test, or taking Spanish IB? How hard is the test? I'm pretty good in Spanish as is, but my Russian is pretty fluent. Help! Thanks :(

I will soon be starting IB and I was wondering what classes to take. My biggest question is what language to take. Basically thing is my story:

I was born in America, but my parents are from Ukraine so I know Ukrainian and Russian. At my school, I've been taking Spanish but this year I also got Russian. However, for IB I can't continue to take both Russian and Spanish. I need to pick one or the other. I either have to choice to go with Spanish IB or with Russian IB. What is the smarter choice? Taking Russian IB and having a higher chance of passing the test, or taking Spanish IB? How hard is the test? I'm pretty good in Spanish as is, but my Russian is pretty fluent. Help! Thanks :(

Definitely take what you know, in this case Russian, because it will help you later on because being fluent will allow you some leeway when it comes to the test.

Not only that, it will help you better understand new concepts.

As for me, I'm taking Spanish, I have been for a while and thoroughly enjoy it.

So, this is what you should base your choice on:

something familar (russian) or something challenging (spanish).

All depends on your comfort level.

Hope i helped a bit.

Good luck.

Why don't you take Russian A1 and Spanish B? Will you be taking English or Ukrainian and therefore you don't have room for Spanish?

I think I have to take English A1. My school requires 4 years of English to receive a diploma. Or does the schools requirements not affect the IB Diploma requirements?

If I have to take English A1, would taking Russian B or Spanish B be better? My choice is either: speaking Russian AND Spanish fairy good, or speak either Russian OR Spanish fluently.... hmmm :(