Mozart Effect (Rauscher et al. 1993)

Julie

For my Psychology IA I am replicating the Mozart effect study done by Rauscher et al. in 1993. My teacher has archived all of the studies people have replicated in the past (the original documents from online or books), but the only one she doesn't have is the Mozart effect. She told me it was difficult to find, and when I looked online and in some extra Psych books, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know where I can get the document on the original study. Online would be amazing because my school library is short on Psychology books, but if someone knows of a book, I can do my best to get my hands on it :)

Thanks in advance

For my Psychology IA I am replicating the Mozart effect study done by Rauscher et al. in 1993. My teacher has archived all of the studies people have replicated in the past (the original documents from online or books), but the only one she doesn't have is the Mozart effect. She told me it was difficult to find, and when I looked online and in some extra Psych books, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know where I can get the document on the original study. Online would be amazing because my school library is short on Psychology books, but if someone knows of a book, I can do my best to get my hands on it :)

Thanks in advance

this might help http://www.uwosh.edu/psychology/rauscher/Nature93.pdf

• Like 1

thanks, amazing. I just have one more problem: how would i cite that document? Would I just use the information on the page: Nature, volume 365, 14 october 1993, scientific correspondence, etc? Or is there something different I should be citing?

Edited by Julie

Site is a place, sight is something you see, cite is the verb. The citation, like the article itself, can be freely pulled from wikipedia's mozart effect page (aka google's top hit).

Lol Daed, thanks for that advice/insult... Keep in mind english is basically my second language, meaning my spelling is like a first grader -.-

P.S. I changed the s's to c's. Happy?

Edited by Julie