IB diploma and University

Burinratt

OK! here is the situation. i am now got provisional admitted to UCR and i am worried that i might fail my diploma.

I didnt really put a lot of effort in my EE and TOK or even CAS. I did everything just to pass the minimum requirement.

So, if i fail TOK, EE or CAS. Will UCR or other universities still offer a place for me???

=)

thx

Is UCR in the states? if so US unis don't usually care about your IB grades except for getting extra credit hours. If you're talking about a European univeristy, you're most likely have a conditional offer. Check the conditions for your admission :yes:

• 1 month later...

I assume you're talking about UC Riverside?

The universities hold the right to rescind your application if they see a significant drop in grades. Some, for example, will ask you to retain a 3.0 GPA for the remainder of high school and won't be happy to see grades of D and below. Likewise, if UCR was expecting when they accepted you that you would pass your diploma, then they can technically revert their decision if you don't. I'm not sure what their exact conditions are, but they might still be happy if do IB Certificate. It's worth checking with them.

Honestly, this is one of those questions that, just perhaps, the University would be able to answer better than some random kids on the internet, no?

Every University has unique requirements, and they vary from applicant to applicant. My acceptance letter from my Uni stated quite clearly that my conditions were to maintain my grades and to pass the IB Diploma. Go re-read yours, or contact someone at the Uni if you can't.

• 1 month later...
Guest Red XII

If it's in the US, they may not even care whether you get your diploma (but could potentially see that as a reason to revoke your admission, depending on the school).

As for CAS, EE, and TOK, they're hard to fail. The chances of not completing the CAS requirements are slim to none, and EE and TOK are extremely easy to pass. You only need to get a D in one or the other (you can get an E in the second one and still get your diploma).