ideas for a CAS Project?

Julia32

There are various types of activity that can be done for CAS. An activity might just cover one area, two areas or even all the three areas.

For example,

Singing for choir only counts for C

Marathon run only counts for A

Dancing might count for both C and A

Building a library counts for C (for drawing cartoons), A (for painting) and maybe S (because you give the library for people who are in need and you work voluntarily)

More ideas can be gathered by reading this thread where people share what their CAS activities are :)

There are various types of activity that can be done for CAS. An activity might just cover one area, two areas or even all the three areas.

For example,

Singing for choir only counts for C

Marathon run only counts for A

Dancing might count for both C and A

Building a library counts for C (for drawing cartoons), A (for painting) and maybe S (because you give the library for people who are in need and you work voluntarily)

More ideas can be gathered by reading this thread where people share what their CAS activities are :)

so you dont need to have two or more areas for one activity?

I find the best ways to find CAS activities is too just keep your eyes open for opportunities in the community, for example last year my little sister's netball team needed a coach, I offered and ended up with 40 hours which I split between action and service, and this year the local primary is putting on a musical which I am helping with which has all three areas within it. Just go looking for activities whereever in the community you are interested in because there is always somewhere that needs the help or has something you can do.

your CAS activities do not have to encompass all three aspects. You can cover one aspect or two if you want. Generally through, from what I have her, the IBO likes to see a combination of two aspects. But that could just be pointless rumors.

Here, scroll to the bottom of this link; I gave a bunch of examples of CAS activities that cover two or more aspects:

Faking it won't help if you can't get a teacher who will sign off on your faking. The only thing you can really kinda fake is the impact the activity had on you that you write about in your CAS reflections. Those you can dramatize. Faking the actual activity doesn't seem too easy to fake... at least not where I'm coming from

Edited by Desy ♫

Is your CAS-coordinator accompanying you to every activity? I have actually done CAS-hours, but I have never kept track of when I did mine and how many I did, so I just gave a number of hours up for my CAS-reflection. Getting some signatures from sport coaches and music teachers will not be that difficult to gather.

Edited by Maxy1896

Well... some people do their CAS fairly... Maybe your only suggestion to people trying to get fair advice shouldn't be cheating/faking it. I think the person who started this topic could have figured that one out on their own. They're looking for solid advice...