UNEP Topics for MUN

AndreaRuiz

Favorite Topics  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which topics do you think are best for UNEP Committee? (Please vote for 2 or 3)

• Climate Change: Socioeconomic Impact
    • Renewable Energy and Future Energy Demand
    • Energy, Security and Climate Change in Africa
    • Marine Life and Ocean Pollution
    • Follow-up on Kyoto Protocol
    • Follow-up on Copenhagen Conference
    • Follow-up on Davos Agreement
    • Prevention of Natural Disasters
    • Toxic Wastes Management
    • Green Economy Policies

Helloooo fellow IBers. I'm glad to announce that I'm the President of my school's UNEP comission for CEMUN VIII. I already have some topics in mind, like:

-Climate Change: Social and Economical Impact (Conflicts on Oil reserves)

-Renewable Energy and future Energy Demand

-Energy, Security and Climate Change in Africa

-Marine Life and Ocean Pollution

-Review of Davos Agreement/Kyoto Protocol/Copenhagen Conference

Any ideas you might want to add? I'm all open to suggestions! Although I have to present potencial topics on Jan 31, so please post before that date! :(

ALSO! I'm running a poll up there, so please vote, help me make my mind! All of them are my favorites :)

Thank you for your time :)

• 3 months later...

Hello, well first of all.. Congratulations! You better have a lot of organization and motivation to start with this big project. Btw, what a coincidence, I also happen to be from Colombia so I can help you with the Model of United Nation's format in this country. As a secretary general of the MUN of an IB School, I am a little concerned because of your topics.

1. I actually like the first topic, about oil reserves... it's kinda good. Not too repetitive in other MUN's.

2. Second topic: NO- Definetely NO. It's one of the most trashy topics as of today in different colombian conferences, in fact... most UNEP's in Colombia's different MUNs have this topic so it has became one of the most used and least original nowadays.

3. The third topic is kinda good however you have to take into account that "Security" is not a viable rammification for a topic in the United Nations Environmetal Programme, that's more likely to be in a Security Council or a Disarmamment committee.

4.Forth topic: What about marine life? It is too broad. What's the problem with it, btw... I do like the concept of ocean pollution.

5. Fifth topic: The Copenhaguen conference can't be debated now because it was loong loong ago in terms of committees that don't have any historical importance. Kyoto protocol (REFER TO POINT ONE) as I said, to repetitive... but the Davos Agreement will be great. Btw, you can't choose all of this agreements, but I'm sure you already knew that.

I've heard about CEMUN before, isn't it the one of La Guajira's School "ALBANIA"? I have a friend in there :P Anyways, as a secretary general of TVSMUN, once again I'd give you some advice about taking the chance of more original topics such as Oil Spills! Or even the reevaluation of the construction of ITER (Btw, I love that topic even though I'm a more security council kind of person). Or what about bio fuels? :D

Hope it was somehow useful

:yahoo: