Data Analysis Paper 2 Bio Section A

Carlitos HAEC

Hello everyone!

Do you know what do the aims within the bio syllabus, such as Aim 7: Data logging can be used to measure changes in conductivity in distilled water as Na+ and K+ diffuse out of salt–agar cubes or dialysing tubing.. it actually mean? Would this mean that this could actually be the subject of the data analysis in section A of p2?

Furthermore, In the question about suggest a method, is the answer reflect whether you have read around the subject or not or just you have to stick to the syllabus?

Another question to ask, what do you think about starting with section b that has more marks than too start with section A,so you get the long-answer questions first and then get into section A.

Thank you for any advice.

There's nothing in the syllabus that 'could be the subject of the data analysis' I haven't seen anything like that in any of the papers. For me Section A is always unpredictable, it could be extremely straightforward and easy..and it could also be so complicated it will make your life miserable.

Suggesting a method: Doesn't necessarily require you to have read around the subject, if you understand the syllabus point by point you will easily deduce a method from your understanding. Note that I have emphasized on understand.

And yes, definitely start with section B. That is the no.1 tip I would give to any bio student. Finish section B since it's questions from the syllabus..and weighs a lot..then move on the section A and spend the rest of the time on it. Better than starting with A..if it turns out evil and ugly..it will mess up the whole exam for you and you could go blank for section B! Please don't do that.

EDIT:

The 'aims' could give you ideas for your labs.