Tariffs Diagram

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am in the middle of my commentary and kind of got stuck. Am writing on china imposing a tariff on some US good and don't really know which graph should i use to in a best way show this tariff?

Maybe any of you could give me some advice?

Thanks on forehand

Cheers

Another old topic unanswered.

Pdmp5.gif

The tariff causes the supply curve to shift from the world price Swto Sw+Tariff. This causes the price of the good to increase from P1 to P2. The number of imports will decrease from Q1Q2 to Q3Q4 and the domestic production to increase from Q1 to Q3. The two triangles represents the welfare loss due to the decrease in consumer surplus (the rectangle in the middle is not lost because its is part of the tariff tax and thus goes to the taxing government).

Edited by Keel

Guest Frozen Camel

Hi,

I am in the middle of my commentary and kind of got stuck. Am writing on china imposing a tariff on some US good and don't really know which graph should i use to in a best way show this tariff?

Thanks on forehand

Cheers

China imposing tariffs on US chicken???? :blink:

Hi,

Thanks on forehand

Cheers

China imposing tariffs on US chicken???? :blink:

Haha yeah that's what one of my economics IA articles was about too :P