Transcripts

Dr. Polaris

I don't understand what transcripts are. So I can't just send them my IB predicted grades, exam marks and final reports? I need my high school marks? But I only have my IB scores. The years before IB...those report cards, I don't even know where I put them. I thought only IB mattered.

So what are these and how do I send it to them?

Thanks

Transcripts are all of your grades that official from the school. You can get a copy of your transcripts for documentation, but the official, stamped transcripts from your HS are kept at your HS, possibly online. In order to send them, you would probably have to get in contact with your counselor and he/she can send the official transcripts to the institutions/unis you need them to be sent to.

• Like 1

well, your transcripts are you papers from the previous years (the ones the unis need are for 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th first sem + predictions) you can find them in the school you studied in. and even if you transfered schools, your previous school would have a copy of them.

i dont know about your school, but for me our university advisor sends all our transcripts, since our predicted, and our recomendations arent supposed to be seen by us.

IB does matter, but they need your previous marks to know a bit more about you, for example if your marks were low in 9th and 10t , and then your marks went up in 11th and 12th then they can say that you have the potential to do better if you set your mind to it.

i hope i offered you the answer you need :)

but if i sent the official transcripts to one university, then the others won't be able to get my transcripts..

and in grade 9 i was in a diff. school than the one i am in now, and my old school in grade 9 is pretty bad, so I doubt they have an online copy for me. I do have the official, hardcopy though. but they need the official one, right?

well, you don't send them the OFFICIAL OFFICIAL transcripts, you actually send them a copy of it stamped by the school for authenticity.

and about ur 9th grade transcripts, even if they are bad, if you improved in your new school, then the universities would actually say you improved. which is a good thing