anyone have an idea about pigments separation?

Prissila C

Yes, he is. And the idea is that every ink is a different ratio of chemicals. Basically meaning that every ink is unique and has a "finger print" so to speak. When you do chromatography you are using the awesomeness that is capillary action.

You mark a piece a paper about 1cm from the bottom of a piece of a paper WITH PENCIL. You use pencil because it isn't soluble in water (or alcohol if you use that as your solvent instead). Then you mark the same line with a pen. The ink is soluble in the alcohol/water though.

Ok, now to how this works.

The water/acohol begins to literally travel up the paper. As it does so it passes through the ink mark you made and some of that ink dissolves into the solvent you chose. The solvent will continue moving up and as it does little lines will appear of different colors. These are the different pigments.

• Like 1

i don't know abt it yet..it's confusing..i think all the chromatography process is all the same and i just follow the step. all i can do is to change the variable and the concentration of the solution? am i right?

i dont really understand..and in which factor i suppose to investigate?

or it's just another separation of pigment?