Research Investigation Topics?

katies

I'm really confused about my Research Investigation. I tried to take a Brechtian approach but got confused into what i was actually researching. I have no idea how to structure it or use quotes that i have found.

This piece is already due and i have no clear idea into what to do or a good structure.

Any help? :)

• 1 year later...

You should research a theatre tradition, and how a specific aspect of that tradition works.

So first, pick a tradition. It can be anything that you haven't spent too much time on in class, and anything that you're too familiar with (For me in the US, that is Shakespeare, Greek Theatre, or American Musical Theatre/Plays). Also, it can't be Theatre of the Oppressed because no "formally published scripts exist". Select a script (and possibly a character) from that tradition.

Then, pick an aspect of theatre. Make-up/Costumes? Actor Preparation? Etc.

Then you can word a research question like "how does theatre aspect works in a traditional tradition performance of name of piece?"

I hope this helps. Good luck!