Geography field work ideas

peanutbuttermnm

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas for a geography (sl) fieldwork internal assessment? I can't think of any that are actually DIRECTLY related to the core or optional themes. I know that the examiners like to see maps and the data should be local but ay idea I have come up with so far does not really need a map and it would be completely pointless to have one in there. I had an idea to record snow levels in different areas or at different altitudes but I do not know what the point or the research quesion would be. Another idea was to do a survey on weed problems in my neighborhood.

The IA is due in March. I would really appreciate any suggestions you could give me.

Thanks.

In the end, I didn't end up doing either of those topics. My topic instead is how shopping centres and residential areas are related in locations (or something like that). The tip our teaher gave us was to choose one topic from the syllabus and make three questions we wanted to know about that topic. Then we would talk them over with her the next day. If you don't have a syllabus, ask your teacher for one, check your course outline, or maybe there is one posted somewhere online. :panic:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

heeeey, does anyone know the answer to this question:

for the word limit, if you are over the word limit for one section (as stated on the assessment criteria) but the whole IA is under the 2500 word limit for HL is this okay? or do you need to be under each word limit for each section?!

would appreciate quick response as mine is due tomorrow! (woke up in the middle of the night to this horrid thought!)

• 1 month later...

heeeey, does anyone know the answer to this question:

for the word limit, if you are over the word limit for one section (as stated on the assessment criteria) but the whole IA is under the 2500 word limit for HL is this okay? or do you need to be under each word limit for each section?!

would appreciate quick response as mine is due tomorrow! (woke up in the middle of the night to this horrid thought!)

so long as it's under 2500 you are fine