Eco Internal Assessment question

From Diploma Programme guide: Economics, February 2003 page 40

INTERNAL ASSESSMENT: THE PORTFOLIO

Requirements

Candidates produce a portfolio of four commentaries of 650-750 words each.

Focus

Three out of the four commentaries must have as their main focus a different section of the syllabus, although it is acceptable for commentaries to make reference to other sections. The fourth commentary can focus either on a single section or can focus on two or more sections of the syllabus.

The portfolio must cover at least three different sections of the syllabus.

So your commentaries may relate to the syllabus as follows:

- Section 2

- Section 3

- Section 5

- Sections 2 and 3

or

- Section 2

- Section 3

- Section 4

- Section 5

or even

- Section 2 and a little bit of section 4

- Section 3

- Sections 3 and 5

- Section 5 and a little bit of section 2

Like that :P up to you..

And no you don't need to explain how it relates to certain section(s). But you may want to mention in the commentary: "From this article, economic concepts such as X and Y can be explained." given that X and Y are particular concepts, e.g. PES and subsidy. That sentence is not a must, though.

And in the commentary coversheet you must write which section(s) of the syllabus to which that commentary relates -_-

• Like 3

If I were to choose macroeconomics then could i write my commentary on unemployment rates?

Well, I haven't learned Macroeconomics yet but according to the syllabus again, chapter 3.5 is Unemployment and inflation, and under that chapter there is Unemployment rate so I guess you could -_- (as long as you could find a good article on it :P)

If I were to choose macroeconomics then could i write my commentary on unemployment rates?

When you want to write about macroeconomics I always find it easy to look at interest rates becuase its easy to say alot on that. For example changes to AD and the affects it has on the components of AD.

Up to you though :P