7 in ITGS

I`m Potato

Apparently 0-5 people received a grade 7 out of the 1000++ candidates who were registered in May 2010 for ITGS HL.

The year before that was like 12 people who got 7?

That really worries me as I'll be taking ITGS HL in May 2011 and the number of people getting a 7 is decreasing session by session!

So, this makes me wonder:

1. What makes ITGS HL so unapproachable for a 7?

2. The grade boundaries are very low for a 7 at HL. (Overall for a 7 will be around 71% fluctuating only by about 1-2% per session) So why aren't people getting the 7?

3. Which part of the assessment do people usually trip up at? Paper 1/2/3 or portfolio or extension? I personally believe that the paper 1+2+portfolio are the easiest to gain marks in. Not so sure about Paper 3 and the Extension.

I took ITGS HL in MAY 2010 and got a predicted of 4 and ended up having a 5!! We were 6 in my class and two got a 6, I got a 5 and the other three got a 4. I agree with you that it is really hard to reach a 7 mainly because of the written papaers, because I did really well in the internal assessments, but to be honest I did not study much, my revision could be more thorough. If I had studied more I might have gotten a 6, but not a 7. Btw paper 3(case study) was way difficult altough I was familiar with the case. But anyway I´m happy because I got into University of West Minster.

Revise the course content in all its aspects and go crack that 7!!!good luck!!!

I got a predicted in 7 but I'm quite sure I won't get that. My teacher has no idea of what the examiners expect (neither do I) because our school's relatively new plus my ITGS teacher barely went for the IB workshop but was trained on the new 2012 syllabus, so he has no idea what's the standard of ITGS HL for 2011.

Besides, we don't do much in class and the teacher is very unorganized in terms of class structuring. We only had like little more than 1 month to cram in 2 portfolio pieces plus the extension. So I have no idea how this is going to work out, at all! I really can't imagine myself sitting the exam in half a year's time...

• 3 weeks later...

ITGS is so vague.. Find it rather hard to study for the subject. So guess it depends on a bit of luck :yes: getting a paper with questions that are easy to answer are to your advantage. Where as writing about something you don't often talk about can be quite challenging.