Anyone taking a year off?

ozZiiiii

Yes, I am currently "taking a year off". As Deissi said in Finland military service is obligatory. So now I'm completing my military service.

The term "year off" is extremely misleading in this case. As of now, I've been in the army for 4 weeks and this is my 3rd free day. At least I have something to do all the time :P And while it might not be a very comfortable of relaxing year, at least it is an interesting experience. After this, university should definitely feel a bit easier :P

Yes, I am currently "taking a year off". As Deissi said in Finland military service is obligatory. So now I'm completing my military service.

The term "year off" is extremely misleading in this case. As of now, I've been in the army for 4 weeks and this is my 3rd free day. At least I have something to do all the time :P And while it might not be a very comfortable of relaxing year, at least it is an interesting experience. After this, university should definitely feel a bit easier :P

Is military service for everyone in Finland? Cuz I always thought you were a girl? Sorry if I was mistaken!

I took a year off just before starting the IB, actually.

I went on an exchange with AFS in Scotland for 5 months and then worked full-time for the rest.

I think it was a good thing, because my English got better and then I got the cash to pay for the IB (quite expensive in my case), otherwise I could not do it.