Any good website with a lot of practice questions and their solutions?

wombat123

I'm taking Chemistry HL, but my teacher doesn't give any homework. From time to time a student in the class will beg him for some, but then he'll only give us a few questions, and a lot of the time they end up not being very relevant to what we're learning. The textbook our school provides us with is something waaay beyond our level, so almost all of the questions in it feel like they're written in some foreign language. A lot of the times I think I might understand a concept, but I don't really have a way of testing that since I don't have any practice to test it against, and the Course Companion has a really limited number of practice questions. Does anyone know a really good site to get Chemistry questions (and the answer keys to them, preferrably)?

WOW, your teacher seems pretty hopeless :) My teacher was the complete opposite. He treated chemistry like it was the only subject we take at school... I've never tried looking for resources online because I feel that I've always had piles and piles of practice questions.

But I think your best bet would be IB Questionbanks and past exam papers along with questions at the back of your textbook/s. Which textbooks are you using for higher chem? I really recommend the IBID (green/yellow) chemistry book and the condensed revision guide published by oxford university press (the thin, green covered one) along with the SL/HL Pearson chemistry books (my favourite!). Pearson's HL/SL chemistry books are really useful because after every chapter, there's a section filled with review questions along with a "mock test".

If your school doesn't provide you with the appropriate textbooks, I think it may be worthwhile to buy them outside of school.

• Like 1

Well I use these websites:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=541319&page=187

And this works too :)

http://tiny.cc/xxlre

A tip: For Maths and Physics and Economics I can imagine it's very important that you practice literally every single past paper (starting from 2000 or something). It sounds like a lot and might sound crazy and impossible but it's the only way you'll be able to train your technique and make you capable of doing the exam questions correctly in the time given

--Blind

• Like 1

Well the ones the others provided are pretty good. But if you feel like you don't know if your teacher is maybe getting too irrelevant in IB terms, just check the syllabus. It is actually extremely helpful to study from, because you'll know exactly what you're meant to know. Like all the "state that..."

And if you feel like you don't understand anything, try checking out this website

http://ibchem.com/IB/ibsyllabus-2009.htm

It's not as specific as I'd like it to be, but it's better than nothing. And youtube is always good.

I hope this helps :D