History HL Paper 3

bluepopsiclestick

I thought it was limited too; usually I have like 5 or 6 question to choose from but there were only 3 I could do in this.

I did 4 (analyse successes/failures of Bismarck's domestic policy), 11 (in what ways and with what results did German colonial policy change after 1890?) and 16 (appeasement).

I think that almost everyone will have done 16, that was probably the best question in the exam :) I felt like I had so much time for my 3rd essay, which was odd, but I was happy with the exam.

How did you guys find it?

Personally, I thought it was a good paper, although somewhat limited in choice. However, I did question 9 (Alexander II), 10 (Lenin) and 16 (Appeasement), which I enjoyed.

Thoughts?

We did the exact same questions! I thought my Russia essays were much better than the appeasement one though. I had time for the third essay but I found myself just sitting there wondering what to write on several occasions.

Hopefully it didn't end up being too bad.

I did Question 3 on Garibaldi and Cavour's roles in unification of italy, 9 on alex II and 17 on how did stalin make russia into the industrial power.

They were like the three things i studied for, so i got in there and was like WOOOOOO! I think that it was an easy paper, but many of my class mates thought it was the hardest Paper 3 they'd done...

so i guess its all about what you studied and whether you got lucky really. I tossed up doing appeasement but i didn't feel i knew enough of the details to do it well.

My classmates said the same thing about it being a hard paper, and overall I have to agree. For my topics at least (2, 6 and 8) it was the hardest P3 I had ever seen, probably making up for our P2 which must have been one of the easiest P2's ever. For all of mine (bar the appeasement question) they chose the more obscure aspects of the syllabus; there were no questions on German unification (the first paper i've seen without one), Hitler, Mussolini, Spanish Civil War (Although the causes of this did relate to one question), causes of world war one, versailles peace treaties etc. and for the questions on topic 6 and 8 which I didn't do (I think one was comparing the depression in Italy and somewhere else and the other was reasons for democracy failing in Italy or Spain 1919-39) were really specific and on countries most people wouldn't have focused on for that. At least the trustworthy easy french revolution question was in there (I think that saved a few of my classmates).

• 1 month later...

hey was the November exam the one that had the questions:

'Lenin abandoned ideology in order to gain and consolidate power' To what extent do you agree with this statement?

Compare and contrast the political and economic effects of the Paris Peace settlements on Germany and Italy up to 1923.

Analyse the reasons for the weakness and collapse of democracy between 1918 and 1939 in either Italy or Spain.

In what ways, and with what results, had Stalin developed the Soviet Union into a major industrial power by 1941?