Need some advice.

Wingo

Hey guys,

I just realised I made a huge mistake in choosing my subjects. I started off choosing the subjects I thought would be fun :

English A1 HL

Chemistry HL

Physics HL

Maths SL

History SL

Chinese B SL

But now I realised that I really want to study medicine. Is it possible to get into a decent university studying Pre Med with these subjects? :)

Thanks

:) To my knowledge, those subjects should be fine. What exactly are you worried about?

The only thing I would do is switch Physics --> Biology because having done Bio is actually quite helpful. However, Physics is also in some aspects relevant.

Where exactly do you want to apply to? The US, Australia, the UK? For instance in the UK you'd be set because the only requirement is HL Chemistry. And good grades of course! :S

Hey, thanks for the replies.

Im interested in going to a university in either USA or UK. I'm quite bored of New Zealand to be honest.

Im just worried because a lot of people have been saying that theres no chance of my taking medicine since i don't take biology.

I don't know a lot about the pre-requisites for UK because I haven't looked into it before, but there are no required courses at all at colleges in the USA. However, if you are thinking of doing medicine, you might want to have a second think about going to USA. Firstly, it is very difficult for international students to get into medical school and secondly, you need to completely 4 years of general degree before you can enter medical school.