Maths HL difficult part?

Applebear0730

Hey guys,

I am going to be doing Maths HL next year. I was wondering whether 3D geometry is needed in the syllabus? (if so, please specify which part). Also for those who has done it or is doing it, what is the most difficult chapter in the syllabus and what does it take to do well (getting a 6 or 7) in HL maths?

Thanks sooo much!

You are going to do 3D geometry for sure. At least with vectors.

I am doing it, but is just my 3rd month and it is not extremely bad really...it's just people being hysterical and exaggerating.

It takes several things to excel at HL Math:

1) You have to know that you will be challenged at points, and yet you have to love it.

2) You should have a strong background in Math before you take the course. (Pre-Calculus, Geometry 2 Extended, Algebra 2 Extended)

3) You should be more or less a bright kid that understands and does not memorize. Because HL Math allows no memorization. :)

That's all in my opinion. And do not hsitate to take it.

• Like 1

I'll be completing the full course for Math HL soon

Some advice:

-Understand the concepts, that would be the simplest way to deal with this course.

-LOTS of practice needed

-Yes, there is 3D geometry for Vectors: intersection between lines and planes.

Overall, it is not a very difficult course, as long as you have a good basic and understanding in mathematics, if you are unable to keep up, i recommend a quick switch to SL

Good Luck =D

Edited by zhenzhen
  • Like 1

I'll be completing the full course for Math HL soon

Some advice:

-Understand the concepts, that would be the simplest way to deal with this course.

-LOTS of practice needed

-Yes, there is 3D geometry for Vectors: intersection between lines and planes.

Overall, it is not a very difficult course, as long as you have a good basic and understanding in mathematics, if you are unable to keep up, i recommend a quick switch to SL

Good Luck =D

Thanks sooo much! We have to do a year of SL maths (which i m doing now) before we can switch to HL so I think it would be better.

You are going to do 3D geometry for sure. At least with vectors.

I am doing it, but is just my 3rd month and it is not extremely bad really...it's just people being hysterical and exaggerating.

It takes several things to excel at HL Math:

1) You have to know that you will be challenged at points, and yet you have to love it.

2) You should have a strong background in Math before you take the course. (Pre-Calculus, Geometry 2 Extended, Algebra 2 Extended)

3) You should be more or less a bright kid that understands and does not memorize. Because HL Math allows no memorization. :P

That's all in my opinion. And do not hsitate to take it.

Thanks! So there are people telling me that it is basically impossible whilst others telling me it is manageable...mhm

I really actually enjoy maths especially geometry...how hard would you say HL is compared to SL?

Thanks!