History Paper 1

lbkaisas

Supposingly History paper 1 is the easiest out of all history papers, but after the first test on P1 showed that i have more problems with P1 than with P2. That is partly because my teacher let another student make the test and his explanation of how to do P1 wasn't very good either.To that comes, that I have massive problems organising my time in tests. Can someone please post a format of how to approach P1?or any general tips, for example im not sure whether to quote the sources as evidence in my answers or not.

I got a 7 in history paper 1 :) so I guess I can help.

Time management is hard, but you can help yourself by getting past papers and practicing by timing yourself! Another thing is, check how many points each question asks. Usually 2 points or 3 means that they want you to list 3 reasons or 3 facts out of the source (hinthint), thats done so you dont write more than you need. And to be honest in paper 1 you dont have to have any knowledge of the subject at all, I've known people who just plainly copy from the sources with pretty words and get 6s, 7s. And yes you are mainly supposed to be using the sources to answer the questions, especially the last one where you should use every source as much as you can. Try "according to source A" not in retrospective source B shows another side of the story. I supposed in the last one you should put a bit of your own knowledge, but I suggest that at least 80% of what you write is from the sources (for the last one that is). You just have to suck out as much important info out of the sources as you can in that limited time, but dont worry! Practice makes perfect.