Medical requirments in UK?

Noopur

Write so here is the thing...i am in the first year of IB and planning to take medical in the future, the problem is that i just today got to know that i need Chemistry HL to get addmission into any UK university offering medical....

my subjects right now are

Biology HL

Chemistry SL

psychology HL

English HL

Math SL

Spanish ab initio

The HL chem students hav had 7 lessons till now...is it too late to change, is it worth changing?

Well on the basis that if you don't do it you won't stand any chance of getting into Medical School at all, clearly it's worth it unless you don't really want to go.

7 lessons also isn't that many. Yes, change! The longer you leave it the more behind you get. All you need to do is catch up.

Also it's called Medicine :D Not medical!

Well on the basis that if you don't do it you won't stand any chance of getting into Medical School at all, clearly it's worth it.

7 lessons also isn't that many. Yes, change! The longer you leave it the more behind you get. All you need to do is catch up.

Also it's called Medicine :D Not medical!

Thanks :) Ya i will change...hopefully my teacher wont get much annoyed. Sorry but by medical i meant the medical school :( will get it right next time :D

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now I know OP posted this quite some time ago, and has probably changed to Chem HL already, but I would just like to note that there ARE in fact UK medical schools that allow Chem SL, so it's not like your chance is zero. I've done quite a lot of research on this, and there are certain schools that don't require Chem HL, although if you're offering Chem SL, having Bio HL is an advantage... :)

Just a list I have compiled of the schools I KNOW do not require Chem HL!

- St. George's (32, 665 HL and 555 SL, Chem HL and Bio HL, or one to SL)

- East Anglia (34, 6 Bio HL, 6 + 6 in other HL)

- Lancaster (36, 16 from HL) (Apparently Home/EU applicants only)

- Southampton (36, 18 HL, 6 Chem HL or SL)

- Durham (38, Chem or Bio HL)

- Newcastle (38, 5 in all subjects and 6 Chem or Bio HL)

- King's (38, 666 HL, Chem and Bio, at least one HL)

Anyways, good luck!