Questions about CAS

Chrissytd

Well, you would have to ask your individual school about the state requirements.

For CAS, you have to have 50 hours of Creativity, 50 hours of Action (lol) and 50 hours of Service.

Volunteering at a hospital is perfectly fine, but you have to actively participate. I don't mean go out and talk to every patient, just don't sit around reading a book lol.

Remember, you need a total of 8 projects TOTAL (Talk to your school about this) across all of CAS.

Have fun volunteering. :D

Well, you would have to ask your individual school about the state requirements.

For CAS, you have to have 50 hours of Creativity, 50 hours of Action (lol) and 50 hours of Service.

Volunteering at a hospital is perfectly fine, but you have to actively participate. I don't mean go out and talk to every patient, just don't sit around reading a book lol.

Remember, you need a total of 8 projects TOTAL (Talk to your school about this) across all of CAS.

Have fun volunteering. :)

Im not sure where you're getting your information and it could be different for schools but I was under the impression that IB changed their CAS requirements. CAS now requires the completion of 8 learning outcomes.

For each learning outcome at least one piece of evidence must be provided. Your CAS coordinator must determine whether you have fulfilled all 8 outcomes by late April.

Different schools do their CAS in different ways but the general idea is that the 8 learning outcomes must be met, at LEAST 3 activities must be done to portray these outcomes (around 50 hours each although it is no longer specifically 50), and that each of the sponsors of each activity must come to an agreement with you on which of the learning outcomes you met.

For our school we have to show our teacher our CAS activites throughout the year and fill out the sponsor evaluation, culminating in CAS night in march where we show the geenral public our presentations.

If you'd like more information I would visit this website: http://cascorner.wordpress.com/tag/learning-outcomes/