Music revision websites.. help on Mozart/Copeland

DonatC

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light as to where I can find good websites to help me revise (world music, different era's..stuff like that).

Im doing HL Music and I'm in my second year, the school decided to get a brand new music teacher who has never taught the IB syllabus before so she hasn't been as helpful as I would like.

Turns out my class is EXTREMELY behind in all of our work. I've only submitted one piece of coursework, had one solo performance and have NO CLUE how to do this Musical Links. I can't even recall what it was we did last year.

Also, would anyone know where I could find some good websites which provide analytical works on Copeland's El Salon Mexico and Mozart's Symphony No.41 "Jupiter".?

Thanks aaaaaaa lot!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately my teacher sucks as well and our class is very far behind.. I'm concerned that I may not get the diploma for the sole reason of not scoring high enough in this class.

What we have done with the pieces is analyze the scores. We took about a week for each piece, listened to it thoroughly, made notes in the pieces. As far as I know (which I can never be entirely sure is correct..) There will be a portion of the test which will ask us some general "compare and contrast" question about the two pieces and we will have to write an essay on it. I hope this helps and I'm so sorry that you're suffering!

• 1 month later...

The Mozart and Copland form section A of the music paper. You will choose 1 question on either Mozart or Copland and then answer 1 comparison question. The second section is the unseen 'analyse what you hear' questions.

My teacher has suggested that we create revision cards for each work for each of the key points and then comparison cards so we know how to compare each key point.

We also do this sort of task for unseen pieces of music - have you heard of 'me me ha me fo sty co'? If you haven't, I suggest you look it up!

Really I would just listen to the works as much as you can and make detailed notes on both of them until you know them inside out!

I hope I've helped!

• 3 weeks later...

The Mozart and Copland form section A of the music paper. You will choose 1 question on either Mozart or Copland and then answer 1 comparison question. The second section is the unseen 'analyse what you hear' questions.

My teacher has suggested that we create revision cards for each work for each of the key points and then comparison cards so we know how to compare each key point.

We also do this sort of task for unseen pieces of music - have you heard of 'me me ha me fo sty co'? If you haven't, I suggest you look it up!

Really I would just listen to the works as much as you can and make detailed notes on both of them until you know them inside out!

I hope I've helped!

Well done, British IBer! Sound advice... Personally I think the music exam is cruel coz it's so long (3hours HL!) it's a real slog! Good idea bout the comparison cards! I have spider diagrams comparing some of the key elements (timbre, structure, rhythm, melody, etc.) but cards might be a better idea... i currently sit at a desk strewn with revision cards! Attempted world music today, but ive been at revision for the past 2 weeks solid and by now ive had enough and am struggling to keep going! :S 11 DAYS, PEOPLE!!!

Good luck :)