[English HL] World Lit 1

jonathan810

We can't give you you're topic, but we can help you revise your topic if you post it here. ;)

You can focus on the following things, but you aren't necessarily limited to what is in my post:

Characterization

Symbols

Themes

Motifs

Use of Language

Imagery

Presentation of (Whatever is of significance both two works)-such as the use of certain literary devices.

When you're attempting to think of a topic, try to remember what you noticed in the works. Did anything stand out, such as certain themes, symbols, or metaphors? Do this for every work, and try to find similarities that you can focus on. Did two works share the same type of symbol, or role of certain characters?

For example, for my comparitive essay, I focused on the presentation/theme of war in the poetry of Milosz and Szymborska. (Or something like that lol)

• Like 3

Hahaha oh World Lit essays! The joy.

It doesn't matter which aspect you wish to focus on, make sure that it is NARROW. You have to write an essay within the word limit of 1500. Make sure your essay answers your question fully and thoroughly.

Don't pose your question along the lines of "how does ______________ convey issues of thematic importance in ______ and ______" If you are dealing with a thematic issue ,make sure you state what it is.

Hmmm.. oh and make it unique and interesting!! The markers of these WL essays are NASTY old bats (ahem) who would love to purge their "hatred-for-life-in-general" on to your essay.

Make sure to check syntax errors, grammar errors, use spell check. Have a friend/mum/dad read it over for you. These small errors will cost you marks!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...