bio problems

azulverde:)

ok so my hl bio techer doesnt teach a thing... she expects us to know everything and now i am failing that class cause i didnt have her freshman year what should i do???? other than get a tutor i have already done that and on top of that the labs she makes never work out and she still expects us to do them perfectly ugh i need help im over stressing (i bet not even med school is like this) (I wish there was HL anatomy (i would be the best in there) but nooo i dont get to choose my classes :) or teachers i love bio (i watch youtube things on bio just havnt been able to cause of time problems but oh well whatev) but nooo she takes out all the fun in bio :)

I'll offer a few words of advice :);

For notes, keep a copy of the syllabus handy, and always write the entire assessment statement for what your taking notes on. Also, pay attention to the teacher notes on the last column, it should limit/define what you need to take notes on.

Also, try to answer the entire assessment statement in one location, but don't worry about copying the information from an entire handout here lol. :). For studying Biology, I usually have luck with visualizing with what's going on, structures, or whatever.

Also, if you need to, study for longer amounts of time until you feel that you know the information.

With Internal Assessments and Labs, play close attention to what the directions say. Your teacher can help you out more on this, and should be able to provide you with information on how to do IAs/Labs.

For taking notes, click4biology.info is a great online and free source that covers most of the Core topics within SL and HL.

The IB Study Guide for Biology (By Allot) is a great resource. I find that the smaller book he wrote (the green one) is much more concise and informational than the longer book he wrote. (the orange one) The books by Allot also cover all the topics and options within SL and HL.

While both of the books may be pretty expensive (About $40), but you can find it used online for about $22.

http://www.amazon.com/Biology-IB-Diploma-Andrew-Allott/dp/0199151431/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1285284450&sr=8-1-fkmr0

• Like 2

Hahahahaha OH MY GOSH! THIS HAPPENED TO ME IN GRADE 10!! Hahahaha I was taking IGCSE, I was kind of forced to take Bio and did not like it at all (I hate it). The teacher was really weird, she never explained clearly and her lessons were always boring. Some of my friends usually slept in bio class. And I was always sleepy. HAHAHA when we conducted an experiment, it failed and she did not know why. My friend did some kind of research afterwards and it turned out that my teacher taught us the wrong thing and the experiment was conducted correctly hahaha.

So my suggestion would be talking to your IB coordinator. tell them that you cant cope with Bio if the teacher is like that. Make sure that they know that you have been doing your best (tell them about your tutor too) but the teacher is just not helping! Tell them how bad she is. Does everybody in your class fail? Or most people? Tell them that too. Ask them if they could get a new teacher or maybe alert your teacher to teach better. If she is still like that, tell the head of science department in your school (if there is one), or try to approach your homeroom teacher (who could actually help you to talk to your Bio teacher since they are colleagues), or if you dare, approach her directly! She might be offended but you should tell the truth. Or if you don't dare, ask your parents to. Your teacher will take it more seriously if your parents even speak.

For your side, you might want to borrow Bio textbooks from your school library? Or ask tutorials from your teacher, or from another Bio teacher in your school? Or get your seniors to help ;)