Psychological Research supporting Eyewitness accounts?

MisterMonkey

Hi all,

For my Extended Essay I'm writing about eyewitness accounts and my question is:

"To what extent should eyewitness accounts of events be allowed as evidence with extensive psychological evidence of fallibility in human memories?"

I've found lots of research that discredit the reliability of eyewitness testimonies and research discrediting the reliability of human memory in general. But, I'm having a lot of trouble finding research that support eyewitness accounts and human memories. Does anyone know of that they could link me to or reference for me?

Thanks a lot.

Hi all,

For my Extended Essay I'm writing about eyewitness accounts and my question is:

"To what extent should eyewitness accounts of events be allowed as evidence with extensive psychological evidence of fallibility in human memories?"

I've found lots of research that discredit the reliability of eyewitness testimonies and research discrediting the reliability of human memory in general. But, I'm having a lot of trouble finding research that support eyewitness accounts and human memories. Does anyone know of that they could link me to or reference for me?

Thanks a lot.

I believe I replied to a similar thread on another forum regarding this topic. The only research I am aware of is the Yuille & Cutshall 1986. There is actually a new BBC series on eyewitness testimony that you can google, I believe discovery channel did one as well.

• Like 2