Four Subjects HL?

Meek

I originally wanted to take 7 subjects and 4 highers, but got talked out of it =P Thank God. Chemistry SL would have been my 7th class, and I don't think I could have managed the third science.

Anyway, I'm taking 4 highers. I decided to push myself by taking Math HL, but was worried that it would be too hard and I'd have to drop down to SL. So, as a precaution, I took 4 HLs so that if I dropped I wouldn't have to catch up on the extra coursework switching from a SL to an HL would cause.

I never dropped Math HL so now I still have 4 HLs. And I'm very happy with them :D

(although Math HL is still impossibly difficult)

Last year I was taking four highers, now I'm taking 3 highers but 7 subjects. Both of these have been manageable so far, it depends on what your subjects are, how much you like them, how good you are at studying/organizing, etc. I know a guy who took four highers and 7 subjects total and he got good grades while simultaneously attending meetings around the world for his paralyzed father and learning something like four programming languages (and other crazy stuff I can't remember). Ended up getting into MIT, and he definitely deserved it. But that just proves that there are special cases... the 3 SL/3 HL system is invented for the majority of people, and even that can be quite challenging.

Mine are Maths, Business, English A1 and Visual Art. Love them all to bits - I originally did four as a precaution because our coordinator has a slight phobia of HL maths... but I'm quite happy they way I'm progressing. Not long now though 'til the exams... :)