HL Math, Self Teaching?

RegicidalGrape223

I'm taking my Paper 3 Mock exam tomorrow for HL Maths - teaching yourself Maths HL would be extremely difficult - I would only recommend teaching it to yourself if you have an extremely mathematically inclined teacher/tutor who can help you when you get stuck on questions, which you will. sometimes people make more sense than books - and they can pick up your flaws much easier than you could on your own.

I'm taking my Paper 3 Mock exam tomorrow for HL Maths - teaching yourself Maths HL would be extremely difficult - I would only recommend teaching it to yourself if you have an extremely mathematically inclined teacher/tutor who can help you when you get stuck on questions, which you will. sometimes people make more sense than books - and they can pick up your flaws much easier than you could on your own.

The reason I say self-teach is that It's not currently offered as a class (although I can still take the test), but even if i did self teach it I do have one of the teachers that taught it when it was offered to help me.

@ RegicidalGrape223 : Are you sure you can keep track on HL Maths without help from some "old" masters. It is very risky to do so. Not that I doubt your ability but it is not worth to spend so much energy and self-esteem without having a chance to "study with others" :( . If that is the only way you could do it, I suggest you to have a part time job and have a Maths tutor so you can develop your maths further with proper assistant. :stretcher:

By all mean, g'luck :blowkiss:

Edited by MinaDoan

@ RegicidalGrape223 : Are you sure you can keep track on HL Maths without help from some "old" masters. It is very risky to do so. Not that I doubt your ability but it is not worth to spend so much energy and self-esteem without having a chance to "study with others" :( . If that is the only you could do it, I suggest you to have a part time job and have a Maths tutor so you can develop your maths further with proper assistant. :stretcher:

By all mean, g'luck :blowkiss:

I mean I have a teacher at school that can easily do HL math and help me with it, but unless they actually make a class for it next year I'd be on me own.

Unless you are very good at math, I would recommend against self study Math HL. You will probably be off by yourself, and unless you hire a tutor, you may not always get the help you need too. The teacher's at your school may be willing to help you, but they have their own classes to teach. So, I would advise that you go for Math SL.