working in a restaurant....is it ok with CAS?

achu

heys guys

as i just joined IB we all are suppose to join CAS clubs in my school.

I have joined : 1) MUN 2) HW help 3) Running clup 4) Volley ball club 5) Rounders 6) Indoor cricket 7) Table tennis,

i want to work in a restaurant near my house, and they are ok with it. The thing is we have to write a proposal and i dont know why i am joining it, well i do, and as per me it doesnt go under service, it goes under creativity and action.(i have never worked in a restaurant before so its something new and it will build my confidence). So was wondering if u guys could suggest some reason why its service or some reasons why its creative and involves action..

thx

working in a restaurant is okay but the important thing is: will you be getting paid? if so it don't go under CAS.

If youre getting paid you can use that money for helping a charity or smt like that so it can go under Service, its just an idea Im not 100 percent sure about it.

you better talk with your cas advisor or one of your teachers they'll help you better(:

If it isn't paid, make sure that you will really benefit from the experience in terms of developing some aspects of your character, undertaking a new challenge, learning your strengths and weaknesses, etc.

You might want to check the 8 CAS guidelines for a quick idea of what you should be looking for when undertaking a CAS activity.

Good luck!

If it isn't paid, make sure that you will really benefit from the experience in terms of developing some aspects of your character, undertaking a new challenge, learning your strengths and weaknesses, etc.

You might want to check the 8 CAS guidelines for a quick idea of what you should be looking for when undertaking a CAS activity.

Good luck!

hi,

thx for the help, m not getting paid at all, so its fully service but someone asked me how am i helping the restaurant if they can hire people cause they have enough money, unlike charities/orphanages who dont have enough money and need people to help them.

working in a restaurant is okay but the important thing is: will you be getting paid? if so it don't go under CAS.

If youre getting paid you can use that money for helping a charity or smt like that so it can go under Service, its just an idea Im not 100 percent sure about it.

you better talk with your cas advisor or one of your teachers they'll help you better(:

hi,

thx for the help, m not getting paid at all, so its fully service but someone asked me how am i helping the restaurant if they can hire people cause they have enough money, unlike charities/orphanages who dont have enough money and need people to help them.

Yep you can't count paid jobs as a form of CAS. It would have to be voluntary work, unpaid, if it were to count :no:

hi,