British universities offers with 4 HLs

DannyIG

Hey guys!

I'm making a tough decision here and hope you guys can help me out. I'm thinking of doing 4 HL subjects in May 2011 examination session and was thinking of how the British universities treat applicants with 4 subjects on Higher Level. Do they give you an offer that includes grades from all 4 HLs (e.g. '38 points with 7 6 6 6 at Higher Level subjects') or is it - as they usually write on their websites - normal points criterion with requirements regarding only 3 HL subjects? If so, do they consider only the 3 best ones and leave the worst one out (for example if I had 7 6 6 in English, Maths and Hitory and got a 5 in German the offer '7 6 6 in HLs' would still be met)?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Daniel

This probably depends quite much on the university and the only way to make absolutely sure is to e-mail the university admissions to ask their polixy. Usually the offers I've seen for applicants with 4 hls have been for 3 HL subjects and two people I know have been able to leave irrelevant 4th HLs out without it affecting an offer they're received at all.

*nod* They should give you the standard offer, so if it's usually X points with A, B, C at HL, that's what they'll offer you. If they realise you're doing 4 HLs they might specify which of the HL subjects, but I honestly think you'd get the same offers as anybody else. And yep, they'd take the best grades (because those fulfill the criteria).