Any recommendations?

theloserwins

I've done a little research and I want to hear from others...

I have chosen a few paths, and I want to see which universities people recommend:

Conditions: Hong Kong, UK, or Canada

I'm getting a 36 for diploma 1, without bonus. (And I think I can still do better)

1, Surveying

2, Engineering (Any type)

3, Geography (Any type)

4, Psychology (Any type)

Please help me with my choice of universities

I've done a little research and I want to hear from others...

I have chosen a few paths, and I want to see which universities people recommend:

Conditions: Hong Kong, UK, or Canada

I'm getting a 36 for diploma 1, without bonus. (And I think I can still do better)

1, Surveying

2, Engineering (Any type)

3, Geography (Any type)

4, Psychology (Any type)

Please help me with my choice of universities

Within that range, u can get into any Canadian uni for any program.

ill name u the best few ones:

-McGill (best international rep)

- UofT

- Waterloo (best for engineering)

- UBC

For the UK it would depend on where you apply, what subjects you have at HL/SL and how well you're doing in those subjects specifically, plus which course you apply for as to whether you'd be able to get in or not.

There are so many Universities in the world and only one career so I would suggest you settle on a subject and then look at where to study it.

Canada:

- UofT

- UBC

- McGill

- Waterloo

- Queen's

UK:

- UCL

- Durham

- Warwick

- Bristol

- Southampton

- Bath

There are many more - it really comes down to personal preference so you will have to check them out yourself.

Regarding the UK universities listed: whilst some students might get into those unis with 36 points, they may often require more. It also depends largely on your individual subject scores. For example, Warwick usually asks for 36 for engineering, specifically with 6s in maths and physics HL (you don't seem to be taking maths HL so you can't apply for engineering in the UK). Check out the tariff requirements on UCAS for the various courses you're interested in at UK universities.

Also, as stated above, you don't seem to know at this stage what exactly you want to do. If you want to study in the UK you will need to have a much clearer focus on a specific line of study. Engineering, Geog and Psychology are vastly different - if you're at all ambivalent about what you want to study then you're better off going to Canada/USA, where you'll find much more flexible programs.

Edited by CocoPop

Thanks for the help guys.

yea... I still haven't made up my mind on what to study in...

the subjects I'm in are based on elimination of what I don't want to study.

Well actaully... I prefer Geography, but I scored a 4 for my exam

Plus there aren't really much Geography stuff for me to work on in Hong Kong, so that's why I'm leaving some other ways out.

Anyways, Thanks :)