What did you get on the Chem SL exam?

ibcrazy

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what everyone else got on the Chem SL exam, because I got a 4 and I don't really know what to make of that...

I thought it was pretty hard (especially paper 2), so what did you all think?

Thanks,

Ibcrazy

emm I didnt take the exam, I'm taking it next year as well, in May ;) but from what I heard about this year's exam, it was really hard, our marks at the school were average though, with a highest of 38(which I think is pretty low but I don't know yet) and I think a lowest of 26, and only one 23

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what everyone else got on the Chem SL exam, because I got a 4 and I don't really know what to make of that...

I thought it was pretty hard (especially paper 2), so what did you all think?

Thanks,

Ibcrazy

emm I didnt take the exam, I'm taking it next year as well, in May ;) but from what I heard about this year's exam, it was really hard, our marks at the school were average though, with a highest of 38(which I think is pretty low but I don't know yet) and I think a lowest of 26, and only one 23

Muahaha, are those total marks? Our lowest last year was 19 and highest was 36...and we all thought he was a complete freak but now I see all these people's signatures that saw like 40/45, 44/45, and all these lists of 7's...ugh

Oh look I double posted, forgot i had just posted :coolg:

Edited by Drake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 2010 SL exam did indeed have the brass question on paper 2.- most people at my school were extremely confused by this question, including myself. I understood the mole-mole ratio concept, but I couldn't indentify what brass was. In the end, that page was my worst because I was so "rattled" but i found the rest of paper 2 pretty easy. I was really happy with paper 1, there were no questions that surprised me- our teacher had given us multiple choice questions from previous exams without help from calculators the whole year. I essentially crammed for paper 3, but since one of my options was Analytical- which you can't study much for, just know how to analyse spectrometer results etc- I didn't find it too hard, other than one question in the further biochemistry option. It asked which vitamin deficiency name went with which deficiency.- we were never really taught them, I had only seen them while reading the textbook so I lost 3 or so marks. I got a 7 and was totally surprised, considering my issues with those two questions.