Help with applying for Medicine

smiley

hi :blink:

i just started with ib 2 weeks back so i'm new to the whole system.....

i want to pursue medcine after this....

my HL subjects are bio chem and business

and my SL subjects are english hindi and maths....

i'd like to apply to medical universities in singapore, malaysia, australia and UK.

i want to know if SATs are recquired or helpfull for the admission process...

are we recquired to take any other tests as well?

if i want to apply to diff. countries, does that mean that i'd have to take multiple tests for each?

please help!!!

Edited by Sandwich
Please write out words in full and refrain from using chatspeak.

You will be expected to meet the testing requirements of any University to which you wish to apply, so yes that will almost certainly mean more than one sort of test. I am not sure about Singapore, but to my knowledge, unless you want to go to the USA, you won't have to take SATs at any stage.

I suggest you read about the UKCAT, BMAT and UMAT on this thread: Click

To know about more specific grade etc. requirements, all you have to do is just google a random University from any country and look at what they say on their admissions page. They don't tend to differ much within a country. You should also speak to a careers advisor at your school.

Yes, as stated before SATs are crucial for all US Universities, and it would help if you did them if you wanted to apply for a Canadian university.

But for the universities that you mentioned, I am pretty sure that SATs are not needed, and IB diploma would be fine, and highly recognized.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, as stated before SATs are crucial for all US Universities, and it would help if you did them if you wanted to apply for a Canadian university.

But for the universities that you mentioned, I am pretty sure that SATs are not needed, and IB diploma would be fine, and highly recognized.

dunno for australia, singapore, or malaysia, but if UK is a focus then I would say don't even bother taking SAT's. IB + UK med admissions test is already enough work. To add on you'll have to write a pretty solid personal statement and prepare for the interview.

If you don't know already, note that as for UK med admissions tests, BMAT is only for oxbridge, imperial, and ucl, whereas UKCAT is for all others (except birmingham, bristol, and liverpool).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...